Admissions - Application Information & Deadlines
Academic Offerings have changed for Fall 2014
Rutgers’ School of Nursing (formerly UMDNJ) and College of Nursing are merging. Effective fall 2014:
- All Nurse Practitioner tracks have transitioned from MSN to DNP programs.
- Post-master’s certificates are available in several specialties.
- An HIV Nursing track is available as a post-master’s certificate or graduate clinical program subspecialty.
- Accelerated, part-time, and generic bachelor’s degree programs, along with an online RN to BSN program, are available.
- Our various degree programs will be offered at locations in Newark, New Brunswick, and Blackwood, NJ.
Stratford-based academic programs (formerly UMDNJ) will now be offered through Rutgers School of Nursing-Camden.
We appreciate your patience as we finalize program details and update our website and print materials as the transition proceeds.
Check the admission requirements for your specific program before applying. Application deadline dates are subject to change without notice.
- Applicants should only apply to one BSN program (either the accelerated or part time) on one campus. Any students applying to more than one designation in Nursing CAS will not be eligible for a refund.
- All required documentation and prerequisite courses must be submitted by the application deadline. Candidates with a course still in progress may not apply.
Admissions update: Application deadlines, prerequisites and other admission requirements are in transition as we continue the integration of the accelerated BSN Programs at Rutgers.
Accelerated BSN program, Newark or New Brunswick
Effective Fall Term 2014: The Accelerated BSN Programs at Rutgers School of Nursing, Newark Campus, and Rutgers College of Nursing will replaced by a collaborative program. It will admit students twice yearly - Fall and Spring.
View the new admission requirements here.
Start your Newark or New Brunswick application here.
- March 15, 2014 for Fall Term 2014 (decision by May 1)
Seats are still available for Fall 2014 in New Brunswick and Newark (Apply by June 2)
- July 15, 2014 for Spring Term 2015 (decision by September 1)
- March 15, 2015 for Fall Term 2015 (decision by May 1)
Accelerated BSN program - Stratford
- March 1, 2014 for Fall Term 2014 -
Applicants for the Accelerated BSN Program on the Stratford campus should apply using the Rutgers Undergraduate Admissions Application. Start your Stratford application here.
BSN Degree Part-time program - Newark
- March 15, 2014 for Summer Term 2014
The application fee is $65.
Nurse Anesthesia Program admits once per year
- Deadline December 1st for Fall admission
Applications for the anesthesia specialty will not be accepted until after September 1, 2014 at which time instructions for applying will be posted.
The Fall term deadline has been extended to May 1.
- Apply by April 1st MAY 1 for Fall Term
- Apply by October 1st for Spring Term
The application fee is $65.
The DNP Programs accept applicants twice a year.
DNP Courses do not follow the traditional academic semesters.
(Application Deadlines: October 1 for Spring and April 1 for Fall admission)
The PhD Program in Urban Health accepts applicants once a year for the Fall Semester. Please submit your completed application no later than April 1 for admission to the Fall cohort of the same year. Applicants are encouraged to contact the program director, Dr. Sabrina Marie Chase, prior to submitting an application to the program.
Foreign students wishing to inquire about the F-1 status should visit the International Services website.
International Applicants on any type of VISA must provide a home country mailing address as their permanent address. You are considered an out-of-state resident even if you currently reside in the state of New Jersey.
Registration or course schedules?