AIDS Education and Training Center (AETC) National Resource Center (NRC)
AETC NRC Services
- Website (www.aidsetc.org) The NRC website promotes the AETC Program, supports collaboration, and maintains an online library of state-of-the-science education and training materials for the AETC network and other HIV care providers. These resources - developed by the AETCs, funders, partners and other national programs - support the goals of the HIV Continuum of Care and the National HIV/AIDS Strategy, and are available for download and adaptation. Main content areas of the website include:
- Directory of all national, regional and local AETCs, AETC telehealth centers, and graduate/health profession training programs
- News and resources for clinicians
- National treatment guidelines and recommendations
- Training materials and best practices
- AETC blog ShareSpot
- Social media connections
- National conferences, trainings, meetings & events calendar
- AETC Community and discussion boards allow for interactivity and information exchange among network members
- Workgroups Each year the NRC coordinates a new national workgroup that focuses on a specific clinical or programmatic topic. The selection of topics is based on needs assessment activities and special initiatives. Workgroup membership is comprised of AETC Program participants as well as other content-area experts. Members convene via monthly conference calls and the goal of the workgroup is to develop a resource or tool that addresses an identified need pertaining to the workgroup topic. All workgroup logistics are coordinated by the NRC.
- Collaboratives: Collaboratives are ongoing efforts that focus on the exchange of information and resources within the AETC Program. Collaborative membership is comprised of AETC Program participants and outside content experts; however, for the Health Disparities Collaborative, membership is open to anyone with knowledge or interest in addressing the health needs of those in marginalized populations. Members convene via quarterly conference calls.
- Committee Topics
- Health Disparities
- HIV Testing Training Exchange
- Oral Health
- Graduate/Health Profession Education
- Committees: Committees are ongoing efforts that focus on identifying gaps and recommending strategies around subjects of interest within the AETC Program. Committee membership is typically comprised of AETC Program participants with content expertise related to the identified topic. Members convene via conference calls on a schedule that is determined by the group.
- Mailing Lists: The NRC manages several mailing lists that correspond with the working groups and special initiatives aforementioned, as a means of communicating with target audiences within the AETC community. Announcements are disseminated via Mail Chimp email marketing service and AETC faculty and staff can join one or more of the AETC mailing lists for regular updates about new resources, treatment guidelines and clinical updates, meetings and webinars, and other information valuable to the AETC community. Some lists are open only to members nominated by regional directors. Click here to subscribe to our general mailing list to receive ShareSpot blog announcements and biweekly newsletters about HIV resources and events for clinicians and clinical trainers. For more on how to sign up for a group or how to send announcements to a group, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promoting the AETC National Identity: The NRC uses a range of approaches to promote the AETC national identity including, but not limited to, materials development, exhibit coordination, presentations, and social media engagement. The AETC Program brochure and bookmark were developed to help healthcare providers locate training opportunities and consultation services to enhance their capacity to provide best-practice HIV care. They are available in print or online, are updated regularly, and can be accessed here.The NRC exhibits and distributes AETC promotional materials and educational resources at conferences and/or training events, in collaboration with other AETCs (regional, local and national), and other national programs.
- Supporting Collaboration and Sharing Best Practices: The NRC supports collaboration and the sharing of best practices through a variety of mechanisms and projects. Each year, the NRC hosts national training exchanges to deliver information on various topics of interest to AETC faculty and providers. Here are some examples of training exchanges coordinated by the NRC:
- Retaining and Gaining Insured HIV+ Patients in Your Medical Practice: Surviving the Opportunities and Challenges Presented by the ACA (AETC NRC, Positive Outcomes, Inc., 2013)
- Updates from the 2013 CROI (AETC NRC, IAS-USA, 2013)
- What a Pain! Addressing Chronic Pain in HIV Clinical Settings (AETC NRC, IAS-USA, 2013)
- Ask, Screen, Intervene Four Cities Project Training Exchange (AETC NRC, AETC National Evaluation Center, Midwest AETC, Pennsylvania/Mid-Atlantic AETC, Pacific AETC, Florida/Caribbean AETC, National Network of HIV/STD Prevention Training Centers, 2013)
Through joint projects like the U.S./Mexico Border AETC Steering Team (UMBAST), and Federal Training Centers Collaboration (FTCC), the NRC coordinates partnerships to develop resources for AETC faculty and providers. The NRC also offers technical assistance in the form of telephone consultations, webinars, workshops and presentations, for the application of social media and Adobe Connect web conferencing within AETC program activities.
- AETC NRC Online Orientation Tour: AETC NRC online tour will be available soon.
- Follow the AETC NRC on social media:
For more information about the AETC network, please click on the links on the map below.
For more information contact:
John Nelson, PhD, CPNP
Program Director, AETC National Resource Center
François-Xavier Bagnoud Center
The AETC Program is funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration, HIV/AIDS Bureau and is the training arm of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program.